Appropriations and Community Project Funding Requests
Congressman Scott DesJarlais (TN-04)FY 2024 Appropriations Request Form
My office is pleased to participate in the annual appropriations process to influence federal spending levels in the upcoming fiscal year.
As a reminder, there are three types of requests I can submit to the Appropriations Committee for consideration:
- Community Project Funding requests: Members may request funding for up to 15 specific projects in their communities, so long as the projects have a federal nexus and meet other requirements established by federal law, House Rules, and the Committee to ensure only high-quality projects are requested and funded. Example: Provide $500,000 to [city name] for stormwater collection.
- Guidance for Community Project Funding is available here.
- The Community Project Funding accounts list is available here.
- Appropriations Programmatic requests: Members may request specific funding levels for agencies and programs funded in the twelve appropriations bills. Example: Fund the ReConnect program for $200,000,000 in FY24.
- Appropriations Language requests: Members may request bill language or report language directing or encouraging specific actions by federal agencies. Example: "The Committee encourages USDA to study the impact of expanded broadband on rural communities."
Appropriations Programmatic and Language Requests Click HERE