The Artistic Discovery Contest 2014
Each spring, a nationwide high school arts competition is sponsored by the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives. The Artistic Discovery Contest is an opportunity to recognize and encourage the artistic talent in our Congressional district.
The Artistic Discovery Contest is open to all high school students in the fourth district. The overall winner of our district's competition will be displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol. The exhibit in Washington will also include artwork from other contest winners nationwide.
Artwork entered in the contest may be up to 28 inches by 28 inches, 4 inches in depth and cannot weigh more than 15 pounds. The artwork may be:
- Paintings - including oil, acrylics and watercolor
- Drawings - including pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, and markers
- Collage (must be 2 dimensional)
- Prints - including lithographs, silkscreen and block prints
- Mixed Media – use of two or more mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor
- Computer Generated Art
All entries must be an original in concept, design and execution. Artwork along with a Congressional release form must be submitted to Congressman DesJarlais’ nearest district office no later than April 25, 2014.