Committees and Caucuses
The Committee on Oversight and Government Reform has legislative jurisdiction over the District of Columbia, the government procurement process, federal personnel systems, the Postal Service and other matters. The primary responsibility of the committee is oversight of virtually everything government does – from national security to homeland security grants, from federal workforce policies to regulatory reform and reorganization authority, from information technology procurements at individual agencies to government-wide data security standards.
The oversight responsibilities of the Committee on Armed Services are conducted throughout the calendar year. They are instrumental in the committee's consideration of the annual defense authorization bill, which covers the breadth of the operations of the Department of Defense as well as the national security functions of the Department of Energy and other related areas. The annual national defense budget involves millions of military and civilian personnel, thousands of facilities, and hundreds of agencies, departments, and commands located throughout the world.
The House Committee on Agriculture has general jurisdiction over federal agriculture policy and oversight of agricultural related federal agencies. The committee recommends funding appropriations for various governmental agencies, programs, and activities.
- Subcommittee on Livestock and Foreign Agriculture
- Subcommittee on Nutrition
- Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management
- Republican Study Committee (RSC)
- Republican Doctors Caucus
- General Aviation Caucus
- Congressional Caucus to Fight and Control Methamphetamine
- Congressional Skin Care Caucus
- Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus
- Congressional Chicken Caucus
- Congressional Taiwan Caucus
- Congressional Range and Testing Center Caucus
- Congressional Aluminum Caucus
- Congressional Diabetes Caucus
- Cystic Fibrosis Caucus
- Malaria Caucus
- Border Security Caucus
- Second Amendment Caucus